Recruiter - Herndon, VA
Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access and point-to-point transport services. Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 202 markets globally. Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. Cogent offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package that takes effect within 30 days of employment. Matching 401k and stock options are also included.
- Develop recruiting strategies designed to identify both passive and active candidates.
- Work with Sales Managers to identify target skill sets and key market segments.
- Evaluate candidates' strengths compared with sales manager’s requirements using psychological, behavioral and situational interviewing tactics.
- Complete necessary pre-employment processes including: candidate sales assessment, reference checks and background/drug tests.
- Communicate with recruiting team by participating in recruiting best practices and providing accurate, thorough documentation on employees in applicant tracking systems or other documentation tools.
- Maintain relationships with industry contacts to gain industry knowledge and build a referral network.
- Present to Sales Management team on weekly conference calls and at large-scale meetings.
- Travel within North America on an as needed basis.
- Have a Bachelor's degree or related recruiting experience
- Have sales recruiting experience
- Be available to work before/after typical office hours as work may demand
- Possess strong written and oral English communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Have some familiarity with an applicant tracking system
- Ability to work to achieve an aggressive headcount goal
- Capable of regularly using good judgment and discretion to accomplish goals and work requirements
- Be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.