Off-Net Service Delivery Disconnect Coordinator – Washington, DC
Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access, Ethernet transport, and Colocation services. Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 202 markets located in North America and Europe. Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. Cogent offers a competitive salary, full benefits package that takes effect within 30 days of employment, matching 401k and stock options.
- Serve as primary point of contact, on behalf of Cogent, for disconnection of Ethernet (fiber and/or copper) circuits initially installed through a 3rd party LEC/CLEC. Provide customer communications whenever equipment recovery activities are required.
- Place orders with LECs/CLECs for local access services to disconnect circuits from the Cogent network - primarily Ethernet local access (10mb, 100mb, fractional gig, full gig). Track order milestones and resolve issues as necessary to manage disconnect order to completion.
- Coordinate internal Cogent departments such as Billing, Termination, and Customer Support to ensure completion takes place in a timely fashion without interrupting active services.
- Familiarity with LEC/CLEC ASR ordering processes for ordering fiber based Ethernet SErvices
- A working knowledge and understanding of principles of Internet networking at Layer 2 and Layer 3, such as IP addressing, BGP, VLAN/EVC provision, etc. Actual engineering and equipment configuration is not required.
- Working knowledge of ServiceCloud or CRM tools
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of interconnect procedures in carrier neutral data centers, including LOA/CFA issuance, cable ordering procedures, troubleshooting processes
- Excellent written and oral customer communication skills. Ability to adapt and respond to various/unique implementation situations and resolve issues that arise.
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.