Customer Support Engineer - Frankfurt, Germany
Cogent Communications is a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. Cogent specializes in providing businesses with high speed Internet access and Ethernet transport services. Cogent's facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 204 markets globally. Since its inception, Cogent has unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables Cogent to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. Cogent also offers superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. Cogent offers competitive compensation and a full benefits package that takes effect within 30 days of employment.
The Customer Support Engineer acts as Cogent's first line of support and their main tasks include:
- Interact with Cogent customers via phone and e-mail in order to resolve their service issues, respond to their technical questions and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Monitor all customer services delivered through the Pan-European and North American Cogent IP network, using management tools and systems provided for this purpose and following standard operational procedures in order to provide high service availability and ensure that Cogent SLAs are met.
- Provide 1st line customer and technical support for all layer 1, 2 and 3 services provided by Cogent, monitoring global customer connections, email requests, and phone inquiries.
- Working in a customer support center answering phones in order to provide top level technical support to Cogent's customers globally.
- Customer care. Providing the customer with information and updating of the incidents that occur on their services
- Manage and maintain documentation of all troubleshooting process for all the incidents impacting customers including a description of the actions taken for their solution.
- Ensure that network and customers issues are accurately documented in the trouble ticketing system
- Reporting on the Global Shift performance as well as on the handover after each shift.
- Coordinate effectively with all members of the CST team, other Cogent teams as well as Providers in order to ensure swift resolution of network and customer issues.
- Management of internal and vendor planned maintenances impacting Cogent European Network.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- The ideal candidate must possess a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of working experience in a similar position at a network operator.
- Cisco equipment experience and certifications (CCNA/CCNP) will be highly valued.
- Good technical knowledge in the area of networking (TCP/IP), IP protocols (BGP, IGP, OSPF, IS-IS, MPLS...), IP addressing, DNS's and IP-VPN's
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Customer focused and eager to learn.
- Team player worker and capable to work under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Availability to work on morning or evening shifts, Monday to Friday basis.
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
Cogent Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.